More About the Sundre Arts Development Centre
- The Sundre Arts Development Centre (aka Arts Centre) was built and is now maintained by the Sundre & District Allied Arts Society, which is managed entirely by volunteers. The purpose of the Sundre & District Allied Arts Society is to:
- - Provide a performing arts centre to a rural community,
- - Provide theatre for musical, dance, and drama productions, and
- - Provide the community with the facility for performing arts and awareness.
The Arts Centre is also available for community bookings and events. It operates year round and hosts:
- Dance - regular classes, workshops, and recitals.
- Theatre - adult and student drama groups rehearse and perform numerous plays annually.
- Music - our Society hosts at least five concerts each year, featuring well-known and rising artists, plus recitals, and privately sponsored concerts.
- Schools - regularly have drama and arts classes, clinics, demonstrations, and other events at the Centre.
- Community events - fashion shows, fundraisers, public speaking, movie nights, talent contests, meetings, and Community Awards Night.
- Private Events - such as weddings, celebrations, corporate meetings, and workshops.
There are primary user groups that use the Arts Centre throughout the majority of the year. These user groups include:
- The Sundre Music Series is managed by a sub-committee of the SDAAS' Board of Directors and we cover only our expenses.
- Peak Theatre Players is an independent non-profit society that has Director which sits on the SDAAS Board.
- Studio K Dance Gallery is an independent dance studio that has a Director which sits on the SDAAS Board.
- Sundre High School and River Valley School have Directors which sit on the SDAAS Board.